In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (Regulation (EU) no. 2016/679, “GDPR”) GENERALI ROMANIA ASIGURARE REASIGURARE S.A., informs you of the following:
In order to make the arrangements for concluding insurance contracts with Generali Romania AsigurareReasigurare S.A., with its registered office in Bucharest, Piata Charles de Gaulle, nr. 15, etajele 6-7, Sector 1 (“Generali”), as well as for the execution or, as the case may be, the renewal of such a contract, your personal data, including, but not limited to those on the copy of the identity document or on other identification documents, if any, data concerning health or your image will be collected and processed by Generali. Consequently, without supplying to us the necessary personal data, Generali shall not be able to conclude the insurance policy that you request or, as the case may be, shall not be able to enforce the insurance contract you are/will be a part of, with legally binding effects, including, but not limited to payment of damages. Any subsequent processing for statistical purposes shall be done in compliance with the principle of minimising the processing of personal data and, as far as possible, shall exclude the processing of personal data, consisting of aggregated data, which are not used to support measures or decisions regarding a certain natural person.
Your personal data are processed by Generali for the following purposes:
- Supplying insurance services (quotations, risk management, offering, issuance, policy administration, due payments reminder, policy renewals, instrumentation and settlement of damages, exercise of the right of regression and/or, as the case may be, verifications in order to prevent and identify potential fraud)
- Marketing and statistical purposes, for which you expressly consent
- Fulfilment of legal obligations and requirements of the Financial Supervisory Authority or other authorities.
The processing of your personal data is based on:
- The insurance contract to which you are party, which you request to conclude or based on which you request damages or, as the case may be, the legitimate interest of Generali to perform a management of the clients in order to subscribe, as well as to prevent the unjustified granting of damages payments;
- Your consent according to the Consent Form in this regard;
- A series of legal obligations.
Your personal data may be transferred to: state authorities (including courts, tax authorities), service providers (including reinsurers, suppliers of premium calculation services, repair units, clinics, consultants, experts, IT service developers, archiving companies), agents, other companies in the Generali Group and other recipients expressly authorised by Generali, in accordance with the provisions of the applicable legislation regarding personal data protection and the purposes of processing.
Your personal data collected for the conclusion of the insurance contract, for its execution, including awarding damages, shall be retained in the Generali database, for the offering phase for 60 days since the offer was issued and after the conclusion of the contract, for the period in which you are the Generali Contractor, Client, damage beneficiary (including a third party to the contract, if the contract is effective towards you), to which time while the data are necessary for the exercise by Generali of the rights resulting from the insurance contract/contracts and for the fulfilment of the obligations required by national laws and regulations on the retention period.
You have the following rights resulting from the EU Data Protection Regulation:
- Right of Access – you can request access to your personal data.
- Right to Rectification or updating – you can request the company to correct your personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure – you can request Generali to erase your personal data if one of the following grounds applies:
- When the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You withdraw consent on which the processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for the processing.
- You object the automated decision-making process and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing or you object processing for direct marketing purposes.
- The personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- The personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the company is subject.
- The personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services.
- Right to Restriction – you can request Generali to restrict processing of your personal data where one of the following applies:
- You contest the accuracy of your personal data, for a period enabling Generali to verify the accuracy of your personal data.
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead.
- Generali no longer needs the personal data for the purpose of processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- You have objected to processing in accordance with the right to object to the automated decision-making process, pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the company override yours.
- Right to Portability – you can request Generali to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format or, where technically feasible, to transmit your personal data to another organisation.
- The right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are processed and communicated in an intelligible form.
- The right to modify or withdraw your consent.. This right applies only if your consent has been collected. – you can withdraw at any time your consent for the processing of your personal data without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to Object – you can object to the processing of your personal data concerning it, unless Generali demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing.
- The right to be notified of any rectification, erasure or restriction of the processing;;
- The right to be notified in case of a personal data breach.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing.
If you disclose the personal data of another person in order to conclude or enforce an insurance contract with Generali, please notify that person of this information and take his/her Consent, as applicable. In case of disclosure of a minor’s personal data, the parent or guardian will be the one informed on behalf of the minor.
For any requests or questions you may have regarding the exercise of the aforementioned rights or withdrawal of consent, you can contact Generali’s Data Protection Officer at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or at the postal address mentioned above.